I thought up the following advice for myself on a snowy January afternoon as I was wondering why I have trouble focusing & what I should do about it. All the interesting stuff is there in my head, I just have to get it out onto whatever medium I can. And I am learning to stop beating myself up about my palpable and curious lack of focus. Perhaps you may find these steps useful too, Dear Reader.
Before you begin your work each day, as you sit at your desk with the computer screen before you, or whatever you're going to do, take some time - anywhere from 5-15 minutes - to do these six wonderful things for yourself:
1. Relax. Breathe. Stretch. Drink water. Don't think about anything for a minute or two.
2. Feel Gratitude. Count Your Blessings. Be Happy.
3. Think about what you want out of Life. Desire. Imagine. Don't dream it, BE IT.
4. Think about what you want to accomplish right here and now. What is the nature of your task?
5. See The Path. Visualize the steps you'll take to accomplish this. Remain flexible when you think of what's possible.
6. Now, you can get to work. Be Diligent and Effective. GO!! ♥